- What data will be collected and/or used?
- How can I correct, block or delete my data?
- Will my data be passed on to third parties and how will it be protected against misuse?
Acomodeo UG, the party responsible for the collection, processing and use of data, is committed to protecting the privacy of all persons using our Website and services and to treat their data with confidentiality when collecting, processing and using such data. Our employees are regularly obligated to maintain data secrecy. The basis for this are the applicable provisions of law, such as the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the German Telemedia Act (TMG).
Which data is collected and used when I visit Acomodeo.com?
You can visit our website without entering any directly identifiable personal information. When you visit our website, we may automatically collect access information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, the website from which you have come to our website and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically identified by our web server. This information is only used to assist us in providing an efficient service on our website and to collect demographic information. We will only store access data without any personal reference. Besides we will use the previously anonymised IP address on our own behalf to locate the country from which you are visiting our website, to offer you the correct language version. The anonymised IP address will not be stored for this purpose.
Which data is collected and used when I book an accommodation on Acomodeo.com?
When you make a booking, you are asked for your name, email address, home address, telephone number and payment information. You might also be asked for the travellers’ names and countries of origin as well as the company name and billing address when on business travel.
We use this personal data to complete and administer your online booking and forward your booking details to the accommodation you have booked.
Which data is collected and processed when I create an user account on Acomodeo.com?
We offer a user account facility on our website. We use the information you give us to administer this, allowing you to see prior bookings, manage your current bookings and your personal settings and take advantage of special rates.
When you register for an account on our website, you have to provide us at least with your email address, first name, last name as well as company name for business accounts. More details such as phone number, address of the company can be added optionally.
Your e-mail address serves as a username for access to the Acomodeo system and is stored permanently for this purpose.
How Acomodeo.com uses guest reviews and other destination-related information you share with us?
After your stay at any accommodation booked through our website, you will be invited to submit a guest review. This may include questions concerning the accommodation itself, the neighbourhood, and the destination. If you don’t want to publicate your name in the review, you can use your screen name (which can be set in your user account) or the review can be displayed on the website anonymously. By completing a guest review, you are agreeing that it can be displayed (as described in detail in our Terms and Conditions) on, for example, the relevant accommodation information page on our websites, in our social media accounts and in social apps, or on the website of the relevant accommodation or on our business partners’ websites, to inform other travellers about the quality and the services at the accommodation you visited. If you indicate that a guest review was helpful – or not helpful – we will aggregate this with feedback from other customers in order to sort and prioritise guest reviews. We may use the information or in other destination-related information you share with us anonymously .
Which data is collected and used if I sign up for the newsletter?
We will only send you our newsletter if you have agreed to receive this. Submission of your e-mail address is required to receive our newsletter any other information that you provide is optional. The newsletter contains current information and offers from Acomodeo UG and from third parties. You may unsubscribe directly via a link in the newsletter itself or at any time via e-mail.
Use of mobile devices
If you are visiting our website on a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details.
Why does Acomodeo collect, use and share your personal data?
Service: We only use your contact details to keep you informed about the current status or potential changes concerning your booking.
Other communication: We may also contact you via email, post, phone, depending on the contact information you shared with us priorly. These are some examples of possible reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made. If you have not finalised your booking online, we may remind you to finalise your booking. We believe that this additional service is useful because it allows you to easily complete a booking without having to search for the accommodation again or fill in all the booking details again.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with our website. We may also send you other material related to your booking, such as how to contact Acomodeo if you need assistance while you are away, and information that we consider useful for planning your trip or getting the best out of your stay. We may also send you material related to upcoming bookings or a summary of previous bookings you made on our website.
Guest reviews: We use your contact information to invite you via email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travellers to choose the accommodation that suits them best.
Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
- When you make a booking with us or set up a user account, we may use your contact information to send you news of similar travel-related products and services. With your consent – if consent is required under local law – we may also send you other newsletters by email. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communications at any time using the “Unsubscribe” link in each newsletter, or you can administer your subscriptions in your user account (if you have created one).
- Based on the information you share with us, individualised offers may be shown to you on our website, in mobile apps or on third-party websites, including social media sites. These might be offers that you can book directly on our website, or third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting. If we believe that a particular offer is of interest to you, we may decide to contact you by phone.
Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research surveys. Any additional personal details that you communicate to us as part of the market research will be used only with your consent.
Fraud detection and prevention: We may use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
Improving our services: Finally, we use personal data for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
In order to make visiting our website appealing and to enable the use of certain functions, we use so-called cookies on various pages. Cookies are small text files that are saved on your computer. Most of the cookies we use are deleted from your hard drive at the end of your browser session (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your computer and enable us to recognise your computer again the next time you visit our site (so-called permanent cookies).
How long do Acomodeo.com cookies stay active?
The cookies we use have varying lifespans. The maximum lifespan we set is one month from your last visit on our website. You can erase all cookies from your browser any time you want to. The following article (written by digitaltrends.com) explains how to delete the cookies from different browsers: Got to article. Otherwise, please see the support pages of your browser for more information on how to delete cookies.
How can you recognise Acomodeo.com cookies?
You can find our cookies in your browser settings.
What kinds of cookies are used?
Our website uses the following cookies:
- Technical cookies: We try to give our visitors an advanced and user-friendly website that adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, we use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly, to create your user account, to sign you in and to manage your bookings. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
- Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you to use our website efficiently, for example by remembering your preferred currency and language, your search entries and the accommodations you viewed earlier. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website, but they add functionality for you and enhance your experience.
- Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the website, to find out what works and what doesn’t, to optimise and improve our website and to ensure that we are meeting our customer’s requirements. The data we gather includes web pages you have viewed, the referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, the platform type you use, date and time stamp information as well as details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our website. We also make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website after they have been shown an online advertisement – which may include advertisements on third-party websites. However, we will not know who you are, and will only obtain anonymous data. Our business partners may also use analytics cookies to learn if their customers make use of accommodation offers integrated into their websites.
Does Acomodeo.com use third-party marketing and analytics cookies?
Yes, we use the services of trusted and recognised online advertising and marketing companies. We may also use third-party providers for analytical purposes. To enable their services, these companies need to place cookies. The providers we use are committed to building consumer awareness and establishing responsible business and data management practices and standards.
Web analysis by Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files that are saved on your computer and enable your use of the website to be analysed. The information collected by the cookies on your use of the website, is transmitted to a Google server in the US and stored there. If IP anonymisation is activated on this website, Google will truncate your IP address within Member States of the European Union or in other countries that are party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the entire address be transmitted to a Google server in the US and truncated there. IP anonymisation is activated on this website.
Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing the website operator with other services relating to website activity and internet usage. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the context of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google. You can prevent the saving of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we would like to point out that you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent.
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookies and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) for Google, as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available through the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
As an alternative to the browser plug-in, you can click on this link to prevent collection by Google Analytics within this website in future. An opt-out cookie is then stored on your device. If you delete your cookies, you need to click on the link again.
Who has access to Acomodeo.com cookie data?
Only Acomodeo has access to Acomodeo.com cookies. Cookies placed by third parties can be accessed by these third parties.
How can you manage your cookie preferences?
Using your browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the “Help” function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website. However, we do not otherwise support “Do Not Track” browser settings. Opting out of an online advertising network does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and browsing patterns.
How does Acomodeo use social media?
We use social media to promote our accommodation partners’ properties and to promote, improve and facilitate our own services. For example, we have integrated social media plugins into our website. When you click on one of the buttons and register with your social media account, information is shared with your social media provider, and possibly presented on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network.
How does Acomodeo share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances, Acomodeo may share your personal data with third parties.
To the accommodation you booked: In order to complete your booking, we need to transfer the guest names as well as the payment details of the user to the accommodation you have booked.
Third-party service providers: We may use service providers (such as “data processors”) to process your personal data strictly on our behalf. This processing would be for purposes such as facilitating booking payments, sending out marketing material or for analytical support services. These processors are bound by confidentiality clauses and are not allowed to use your personal data for their own purposes or any other purpose.
Competent authorities: We disclose personal data to law enforcement and other governmental authorities insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
How is my data protected from misuse?
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
Using the latest technical and organisational measures, we secure our website and other systems from loss, destruction, access to, change or publication of your data by third parties. We use encryption technology to ensure the highest level of confidentiality when transferring personal data. Your personal data is password protected, meaning that only you have access to it. Our servers use various security mechanisms and authorisation procedures in order to impede unauthorised access. You should never disclose your access information to others and always close the browser window when you have used our website. You can thereby ensure that nobody can access your personal data if you use a shared computer.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via our website whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
How can you control the personal data you have given to Acomodeo?
You always have the right to review the personal information we record about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us at email@example.com. Please write ‘Personal Information Request’ in the subject line of your email and include a copy of your identity card to help us prevent unauthorised individuals from accessing your personal data.
How can I amend, block or delete my personal data?
You can view and edit your user information at any time in the secure area of our website by logging in with your e-mail address and password. If you forgot your password or have problems logging in, do not hesitate to contact us. Please use the contact form to request that your user information be deleted.
You have the right to request information about your saved data, as well as the right to have that data amended, blocked or deleted. However, we may need to retain certain information, for example for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping or to detect fraudulent activities.
Who is responsible for the processing of personal data on Acomodeo.com?
The Acomodeo UG controls the processing of personal data on Acomodeo.com.
The Acomodeo UG is incorporated under the law of Germany and has its office at Am Salzhaus 4, 60311 Frankfurt, Germany
If you have any suggestions or comments about this privacy notice, please contact our data protection officer, lawyer Christiane Vedder, by sending an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org”. For all other questions, please contact our support team on email@example.com.